Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I didn't lose a step!

Distance: 3.1 miles
Time: 40 minutes 58 seconds
Average: 13 minutes 32 seconds
Marathon Time: 5 hours 55 minutes

Forgive me, internet, for I have sinned. It's been 23 days since my last run...

And yet, my time is spot ON! Almost to the second per mile average of my last run. Not too shabby considering the past few weeks results are: Christmas Cookies=47 billion; Workouts=0.

But I've picked up my training schedule and am just jumping right back in. Which means a 4 mile run tomorrow. A 3 miler on Thursday. And then NINE MILES on Saturday. If you don't hear back from me, it's because I died... probably around the 7 mile mark.

I did have a break-through this month. As so while the training section has been lacking, the self-discover section has a giant-ass lightbulb over it!!

I am allergic to gluten, otherwise known as Celiac's disease. Which is why when I cut it out for a while I feel GREAT! And then when I start eating it again, I get sick. Really sick. And depressed. REALLY depressed. HA! I am brilliant (or incredibly stupid since I'm almost 40 it's taken me this long to figure it out. Nah, I'm going with BRILLIANT!!!)

So the whole, no white flour thing. Yeah, that's now permenant. Like in forever. And it expands to all wheat, rye, barley, oats (that aren't specified as gluten-free) and anything else that falls into the gluten category. Since I've had Sean on a gluten free diet for over two years now, I'm pretty much a total pro at this! And my house is already full of gluten free products. I'm about 12 steps ahead of the game. Excellent!!

As for today's run, it was a toughy. I actually ended up walking for a quarter mile twice. It was a cold, foggy, wet morning. Typical Bay Area winter weather. Still grateful I don't live in Minnesota (yeah, I'm talkin' to you, Elizabeth!!) or Utah for that matter (ooooh, shout out to Tressa!! HA!) I don't know how people cope in the frozen tundra! I don't even like to look at pictures of it for too long without a scarf and gloves!

Breathing was a bit of an issue. I guess my lungs weren't expanding as easily due to the cold. It felt like I had a big elastic band around my chest. Probably because I had a big elastic band around my chest! I had to wear two bras when I run to avoid black eyes (I know I can't defy gravity, but I can give it a big F*** YOU!)

Beyond that, the only real pain I experienced was when my MP3 player quit at the 4 minute mark!! Apparently, I had not charged it. I briefly thought about calling it right then and there. But I soldiered on.

Cause that's just how bad-ass I am!

No comments: